3/18/2017

Sour Cherry, Toasted Pecans and Buckwheat Levain

I love bread that has levain, so I decide to make sour cherry, toasted pecans and some buckwheat with levain../  the tartaine experience bread...

In addition to these two complementary flavors I knew cherries and buckwheat would also work well together — the earthy buckwheat grounds the sweet and sour cherries, it mellows their strong flavor and provides balance..
So I decide to make two loaves..

          Look at those lovely clumbs 😎 πŸ’•
 Absolutely Beautiful!/ out of oven to cool.
Toke them out of the fridge the next day and made some slashes and into the oven and have my pan with clothes damped with hot water ready in the oven for steam.
Covered them with plastic bag and into the fridge for 14-15 hours....
Cut the dough into two parts and Shaped them both and placed in baskets...
After the second set of stretch and folds add the nuts and cherries...
add the nuts and cherries. ...
Now mix the levain and flours and water / did 3 sets of stretch and folds...
Made the levain and add some starter....
Made the starter....
Beautiful! 😎
From The Tartaine bread!

4 comments:

  1. That looks beautiful! What a masterpiece. Don't you love sour cherries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, and yes I do like sour cherries, I don't think that I would but I do and buckwheat flour, but used only 27 grams...

      Delete
  2. Love the big crumbs and the bread looks absolutely delicious keep the good work up says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoily big sister, and thank you for your kind words and I'm glad that you like the bread especially the crumbs!! πŸ˜„

      Delete